With warmer weather in Victoria, BC, many of you are probably looking forward to making a few road trips to go far and wide. Ar Prospect Latke Auto Care, we want more than anything for your vacation to go smoothly. And to give you the peace of mind you’re looking for, we offer pre-trip inspections for your car.
Before you stuff your car with luggage, here are the several items you should have checked out before heading on out:
- Tires - To avoid road hazards, make sure your tires are properly inflated and have good overall tread depth. If your tires are worn unevenly, please visit our shop to be advised.
- Brakes - Brakes are the #1 safety component in your vehicle. Your brake pads, rotors, and fluid should be in tip-top shape for effective deceleration and stops.
- Coolant - Overheated engines occur too often this time of year, which is why you should have your coolant fluid and hoses checked beforehand. We’ll make sure your car doesn’t run too hot when you’re on the road.
- Belts - Our technicians can gloss over your belts to make sure there aren’t cracks, incorrect tension, and other signs of wear.
- AC - To stay cool and comfortable for the long drive, you’ll need working air conditioning. We can take care of your A/C by checking for signs of wear and tear and leaks.
- Lights - You should check your headlights for optimal brightness so that you can stay safe through the night.
- Oil & Other Fluids - Our mechanics can check all your vehicle’s essential fluids, including motor oil. Some experts may recommend an oil change beforehand so that your engine can work more efficiently and effectively.
If you’d like the pros at Prospect Lake Auto Care to take care of your car before your next road trip, please bring your vehicle to our shop today.